Thursday, September 19, 2013

In Case You Missed It

I got the chance to write for Cincinnati Children's about advocacy this week.

It's a two-part series that you can check out here and here.

It was not surprising that I was asked to address this subject by a medical center that makes advocating easier by looking out for patients and their families in so many ways. The first time I called to schedule a slew of second opinions and they connected me with a special scheduler who would coordinate all of the appointments to be on the same visit, I knew we were meant for each other. Only a facility like that would want to further assist parents by empowering them in caring for their child.

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn's leukemia has been treated at Dayton Children's and I have to say going to a children's hospital is so worth the effort. It's all the little things that they do to help us be comfortable. They really understand that we make an effort to make those trips and work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've shared both of these articles with my parent groups in Arizona! Your writing is thoughtful, engaging, and connective. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete