Monday, November 7, 2011

How Far We've Come

When I get discouraged about Collin's progress, I like to look back and remind myself just how far he's really come. The first picture is from our first month of Aquatherapy back in June 2010. Collin wasn't seizure free yet. He had to be fully supported because he didn't have control over any part of his body. We set goals for him like holding his head up for 5 seconds without support and part of me never believed them.


I'll let the second picture speak for itself.


And here's a little video for good measure:


8 comments:

  1. love it! What a great idea to look back and see his progress. I am sure it keeps things in perspective. And, p.s. that woman must absolutely love her job! She looks like she is great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy, holy, holy cow! I have GOT to come see this big little guy... Truly amazing, Collin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you anticipated my comment demanding video. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to be an aquatherapist :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME JOB COLLIN!!!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks be to God for a beautiful smile and a strong, strong boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Collin!!!! We are all so proud of you:) The water has done amazing things for Addie too, we swear by it, and it seems to be something in the therapy world they can really enjoy which is a nice change!! Thanks for reflecting Annie, it does make you realize how far he has come - keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete