Thursday, June 9, 2011

Update

Things were pretty touch-and-go Monday late into the evening, but we started to see some slight improvement Tuesday in the form of a few little smiles, better coloring, and more energy. After 24 'successful' (interpretation: not catastrophic) hours on broth and cream, I added a little bit of rice cereal to the recipe to start getting him some more calories. We really started to see the results of that Wednesday morning when he woke up with a smile, laughed a few times throughout the day, and was much more active.

He still has a terrible time with bowel movements, and he feels particularly bad in the evenings. We are still closely monitoring his ketones and have had to give him juice almost every day to keep them from getting too high, since he's still not up to his required number of calories. He also has acquired a cough somewhere along the way (I had the same thing at the end of my go-'round with this stomach bug -- weird), but is handling it well. His sleep is totally off from all of the craziness of the past week and I'm starting to have trouble remembering who and where I am as a consequence. But when I see those precious smiles, it all comes back to me.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to more smiles and some more sleep for everyone. I've been thinking about you a lot this week. Here's a virtual hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my name is georgiana and I have few questions for you.Please write me an email so I can have your adreess.My email is crisgeo19@yahoo.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete