Monday, February 21, 2011

The 2nd Birthday Extravaganza: Part 3

Our final weekend of birthday festivities started with a trip to the Farm. While there, we tried out Collin's awesome new Boba carrier that we recently picked out at Mama's Hip. After a few unsuccessful attempts to get a carrier company to cooperate with me on a modified carrier for Collin (I won't mention names here, however sorely I am tempted), I contacted Shannon, the owner of Mama's Hip, and she was very gracious and excited to help us. She picked the Boba (she had other options, but the Boba was so perfect, we never got to them), which comes up a little higher in the back to provide Collin with extra trunk and head support. It has foot stirrups on the waistband to give leg support when he needs it (he likes to kick for a while, but then they end up just hanging there), and (my favorite) a hood to give him extra head support - especially for when he's on our back and we can't reach him. The hood is just wide enough to support his head but not obstruct his vision. He LOVES it. He is either passed out asleep or kicking and talking when he's in it. Saturday, we hiked him up and down the farm and he completely wore himself out with sheer excitement. I was pretty worn out with excitement, myself. The Boba is designed as a carrier for older babies and toddlers and I love that it is so well designed that we can use it right off the shelf for Collin. It carries up to 45 pounds, so we'll be able to use it for a long time in all of the areas where we can't or choose not to use a stroller.

Collin's THIRD birthday party included fun and loving family, the traditional peanut butter chocolate chip birthday cake, and lots of presents that made fart and burp noises. Fancy that.


The FOURTH and FINAL birthday party was at Grandpa and Susan's house. We had a delicious steak dinner with chocolate-cherry birthday cake! Collin got some swank clothes and a book with a mirror on the front that he already loves.

And so, birthday season 2011 comes to a close. Collin made out like a bandit and had all kinds of fun and we're looking forward to all of the new things we'll be celebrating this time next year.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...I'm turning 30 soon and I'd like Collin to be my party planner. Clearly, he is aware of what a big deal birthdays are and is prepared to help me make this transition in a big way.

    Is he available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, how I miss that little man... Give him some extra quality snuggles for me, will you? :)

    ReplyDelete