Hi folks. Sorry for the delay. Things have been busy busy busy around here. After our last post, Collin's seizures changed to something that looked more like Infantile Spasms again and we narrowly missed another stay in the hospital. Then as soon as we got the seizures under control and things calmed down, the best thing ever happened...
Collin got a cousin! Meet Ila (that's EYE-LAH, not LLLLLAHHHH, as these pesky sans serif letters make it look. I expect myself to type llama half the time.) She's cute and loud and eats like a champ. And speaking of champ - her mom kicked major booty for 19 hours bringing her into the world.
So, we've been busy getting to know Ila and just taking care of the same ol' everyday things. But Collin is the supreme multi-tasker and has done all of this PLUS the following list of awesomeness:
- held his head up for 15 seconds in aqua therapy
- kicked on command in the pool
- dominated aqua therapy and became a major water baby
- turned toward his mama's voice for the first time
- learned to intentionally turn on his favorite mirror toy
- made progress in sucking pureed food off a spoon
- generally made strides in being more interactive with listening and looking
And, as we all know, Collin is constantly buying cool stuff. This month, he got an amazing chair swing that is hanging in the den and a Vitamix blender so he can move away from baby food on his blenderized diet. The only problem is that Mama fell slightly in love with the Vitamix and has been using it all the livelong day. Luckily, Collin doesn't mind sharing.