Friday, March 19, 2010

Impeccable Timing

Today was the anniversary of bringing Collin home from the hospital and, as you know, Collin knows how to celebrate a special occasion. So, in honor of our special day...

You might want to sit down...

And take a deep breath...

Or have a stiff drink...

COLLIN LAUGHED. FOR THE FIRST TIME. EVER.

He is a happy guy and we get smiles and even squeals like nobody's business, but one of my secret burning desires has been to hear him really laugh. It's a big developmental step, but screw that - I heard my son laugh.

I'm sad to say that I didn't get this video until the best of the action was over. I was so out of my head that I missed the best little belly laughs at the beginning (that's how he got the hiccups -- by laughing so hard -- how awesome is that?). But it's certainly still worth watching.

Dream Come True from Annie Kratzsch on Vimeo.

11 comments:

  1. I feel like proclaiming spring as officially here! That was amazing!

    So nice to see the snot sucker as a source of laughter instead of tears like it is at our house.

    Also tape that video camera to your hand until you get the belly laugh. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! That so made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it is a good laugh if you get the hiccups :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to welcome in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, to make you and Collin laugh again my word to type in to make sure that I am not some strange internet spy was "didanoze" which is what I would name the snot thingy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Collin! Way to go little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Collin and Sebastian are brothers in the nose sucker causing laughter. How great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally got to watch the video! SOOOO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of the best sounds a mama can hear! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete