Sunday, March 14, 2010

All the Better to Chomp You With

I'm happy to report that our trip to the dentist was completely uneventful on Friday. The dentist took a look at Collin's pointy tooth to make sure the damage wasn't reaching the nerve and then explained that there were a couple of things that she could do but that both would be uncomfortable for Collin and weren't guaranteed to work, so she would recommend just keeping his pacifier in his mouth during this grinding phase until something happens that requires the work to be done.

Can I get an amen?

They couldn't find any tooth cleaning agents without carbohydrates and so ended up giving him his cleaning with just water. He pretty much hated it and writhed all over like we were trying to pull his teeth out, but he recovered quickly and most of the office staff fell in love with him.

We're halfway through our Keppra wean at this point and it has been exactly two weeks with no seizures. He's been sleepy off an on for the past few days, but I think it's because his ketones have been pretty high, which can cause lethargy. But when he does wake up, hoo boy, watch out. He's a squealing mess of happiness. I'm going to try to get my act together and get some video this week. It's going to be a busy one, with therapies, meetings, and a trip to Cincinnati for keto clinic, but I'll do my best.

2 comments:

  1. Forget the teeth. People need a post about the hair. I don't think there is a full and complete understanding of THE HAIR - which is how I will be referring to it from here on out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to the dentist's visit and AMEN to happy waking moments!

    ReplyDelete