Sunday, February 14, 2010

TTLY

We have now officially entered "This Time Last Year" season.

This time last year, I was a month away from my due date and had just spent the evening starting to work on Collin's room with Kyle. I couldn't figure out why I was extra uncomfortable and couldn't get to sleep. Little did I know that my water was getting ready to break and in a few short and semi-scary hours, I would be holding my son in my arms.

It's strange and hard to look back on that me. I feel sorry for her and jealous of her all at once - sorry for what she was getting ready to face, but jealous that she didn't know it yet. But regardless - and even though Collin had seizures all day today and we had to give him big doses of meds and he was so out of it that he couldn't even wake up while we sang Happy Birthday to him - I'm still so glad that it is this Valentine's Day and not last.

And speaking of Valentine's Day:

Happy Valentine's Day to Kyle, my long-time sweetheart, my partner in hardship, my favorite.

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR COLLIN - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Annie and Kyle - It has been a incredible year for you. You have experienced a lot of growth in ways you never imagined this time last year. May our God continue to provide strength for this journey and to pour His blessings upon you. You are wonderful parents, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLLIN! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% not ready for TTLY! It feels like we were pregnant and google chatting just weeks ago. At the same time it feels like five years.

    I will be calling later today to speak to Collin. Schedule accordingly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please give Collin a birthday smooch from his Aunt Aimee. Tell him we think he's wonderful and to party hard for his birthday when he starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Collin! I hope you're feeling better soon too.
    The world of "TTLY" is such a weird place to be. I remember feeling as if i were living in a flashback.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney and CardenFebruary 15, 2010 at 5:01 PM

    We hope you get to feel better on your birthday, Collin. We're so happy you're here. Hard to believe it's been a year already. Many smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Dear Collin! I'm so sorry I'm late.

    ReplyDelete