Monday, December 28, 2009

Jackpot

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You get two videos today.

First off, Collin has become significantly more vocal in the past couple of weeks. As with most things, we're not sure what brought the change about, but we sure are enjoying it. Here is Collin getting psyched up for his swim this morning while the therapy pool was filling up.

Jabber Mouth from Annie Kratzsch on Vimeo.


And here we have the little miracle that is water therapy. Collin has quickly gotten used to his WaterWayBabies therapy pool and smiled as soon as we put him in it tonight. He touches the bottom with his toes, pushes off the side, uses his arms, and sometimes even kicks. He's like a super cute, pudgy Esther Williams in a swim diaper. Another really interesting part about the pool is how Collin is different when he's not even swimming. Kyle and I both feel like he has kept his eyes open much more and seems more interactive. And the best part is that the exertion of swimming KNOCKS HIM OUT. He has slept all the way through the night both days since we got the pool. If I had known that was all we needed to cure our sleep woes, I would have bought one ages ago.

Just Keep Swimming from Annie Kratzsch on Vimeo.

10 comments:

  1. WOW! These videos really show how exciting and joyful life with Collin must be...and also how much work you all are doing on each others' behalf. Keep it up. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Olympics 2028? I will be there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a beautiful singer :) Now all he needs to do is sing while swimming, and he will definitely worm his way into film. If only large, showy Esther-style swim scenes were still en vogue. But he might just bring them back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great! We LOVED these videos! And we're glad to hear Collin is sleeping better at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are amazing. I have so much admiration and respect for three of you and what you're going through. I loved all the videos - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He really likes that pool! Love the videos. Keep up the good work, Collin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all are so lucky because I bet you didn't know this but I speak Collin! Let me translate, "I love Sarah. Let's go to Paducah and get my bookshelf. Oh and I love Sarah."

    Also seeing him in that tub is about the most awesome thing I've seen since snowflakes on Christmas which is saying ALOT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that he sounds like the ukulele boy that I saw on YouTube the other day. Or John Mayer. Either way, he and I can get together to collaborate as soon as I fix my guitar and he gets done swimming. I loved both videos and the Nemo reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Esther Williams, but I think Collin is much cuter. Lots of smiles from this guy!

    ReplyDelete