Saturday, October 17, 2009

Not Flu

According to the pediatrician, Collin has a flu-like virus that is not the flu. This case of Not Flu caused his temperature to spike up near 104 again last night, but we were able to get it down to normal by the middle of the night and it's been there ever since. He's a little out of sorts and still isn't opening his eyes, but seems okay other than that. We'll keep giving him extra fluids and keep tylenol in his system for another 24 hours and then see where we stand. If the fever isn't gone by Monday, we'll need to take him back in since it's dangerous for him to have a fever that long. Other than that, we all plan on getting lots of rest and taking care of ourselves so we don't end up with the Not Flu too.

2 comments:

  1. See! There's reason to be thankful for the swine flu after all!

    I was very excited when I got Strep-throat-thank-god-it's-not-the-swine-flu. :)

    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on fall break, so I haven't been on the computer. You've had quite a week! Some good thoughts being sent your way that everyone stays cool today. I hope your arm is feeling okay too! Let me know if you need anything. I'm off on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete