Thursday, October 29, 2009

Growing Boy

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Collin grew almost three quarters of an inch in the past two weeks. The nutritionist didn't believe it at first and we had to remeasure him, but it was true. This is super exciting considering he didn't grow at all for two months while on prednisone. The down side is that we grow while we sleep, so he is spending his free time plummeting into ridiculously deep sleeps for most of the afternoon and evening (which is only partially due to the Clonazepam he takes at 2:00). I literally CAN NOT wake him up from these naps. When I was ready for him to eat this afternoon, I was banging a spoon on a dish, pressing a vibrating therapy toy on his cheek, and doing an impromptu cheer, but he just sighed and the food fell off of his lip. There aren't many people quite as skilled as Collin at ignoring me, and he's only eight months old.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know, I'm pretty skilled at ignoring you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! Do I see Collin cleavage in my future as his onesies stretch into deep V's?

    ReplyDelete