Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Collin Gets Clean - In More Ways Than One

As the 'roids make their way out of Collin's system, we're starting to catch glimpses of our sweet little boy again. Yesterday, when our good friends Sarah and Nicholas stopped by for a visit while they're in town to take the bar exam, Collin toned down the growling and even opened his eyes for Nicholas. Then he declared today "I DO Remember How To Smile Day" and set out to prove it by grinning and squealing and kicking and just generally being awesome all dang day. I thought I was going to puke from happiness.

Related to Collin's transformation as he comes clean from one set of drugs is the fact that he no longer acts like he's dying when we try to give him a bath. It was weird not feeling like I was being shot at while trying to frantically finish rinsing him. I stood there kind of confused as he kicked in the water and he looked at me like, 'what?'

PS. No spasms since Saturday morning.

7 comments:

  1. SO glad to celebrate "Remember How To Smile" Day with you. GO Collin! We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN that is great to hear!! Tell Collin his happy news made me feel like doing cartwheels and if he grins for me real big this weekend I just might deliver one for him!!!!

    Whoopee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the day continued to get better! Way to go Collin! Keep those smiles coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna see some smiles and tap dances on that new toy when I come over tonight Collin. So get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your precious smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was the best thing I read all day! Praise God for great days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean I don't want to say it's all because he was so happy I came to visit....but it's TOTALLY because he loves me and was so happy I came to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete